1. Sign In
To download GeoDa you first need to:
- Create a new account (or sign into existing account and go to step 2)
- You will be asked for a user name, email and license agreement
- A one-time login will be emailed to you
- Use the one-time login link to access the site and set your password
2. Download GeoDa
With your user name and password, follow the links to download the correct version of GeoDa for your platform.
GeoDa 1.4 Stable Release
Note: for people who are used to using the older Legacy GeoDa for Windows XP, do not be concerned when you only see only a floating toolbar after starting the program, just chose "Open Shape File..." from the "File" menu and select your desired SHP file as normal.
- GeoDa for Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8) version 1.4.6
- GeoDa for OS X (10.6.8 or later) version 1.4.6
- GeoDa for Linux (Ubuntu 12.x, Fedora Core 6) version 1.4.6
- 1.4.6 Release Notes
Please do not use special characters in your file name or file path (e.g. í, é, Chinese letters, etc.) to avoid this error: "there was the problem reading in the dbf".
GeoDa 1.5 Preview/Beta Release
This is our active-development version of GeoDa which will become GeoDa 1.6 Stable in the near future. We encourage people to try out this new version which has many new features as outlined in the release notes below. Please report any issues you find and we will fix them as soon as possible.
Note: for people who are used to using the older Legacy GeoDa for Windows XP, do not be concerned when you only see only a floating toolbar after starting the program, just chose "New Project" or "Open Project" from the "File" menu and select your desired table/geometry file (Shapefile, CSV, WFS, KML, etc.) as normal.
- GeoDa for Windows (7, 8 and 8.1) version 1.5.32
- GeoDa for OS X (10.6.8 or later) version 1.5.32
- GeoDa for Linux (Ubuntu 12.x, Ubuntu 13.x) version 1.5.32
- Data Source Overview/Help
- 1.5.32 Release Notes
3. Legacy GeoDa
If for some reason you know that you need to use the older GeoDa binary for Windows XP, select the "Geoda 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer" link below. The download will begin immediately after you login.
- The setup.exe file will then download to your machine (double-click or "run" to install)
- Note that GeoDa 0.9.5-i currently only runs on Windows XP only. For Vista and 7 (and even XP), download OpenGeoDa (see 2. above).
- List of features
- GeoDa 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer