1. To download GeoDa you first need to:
- Create a new account (or log into existing account and go to step 2)
- You will be asked for a user name, email and license agreement
- A one-time login will be emailed to you
- Use the one-time login link to access the site and set your password
2. With your user name and password, follow the links to download the correct version of GeoDa for your platform.
Note: for people who are used to using the older Legacy GeoDa for Windows XP, do not be concerned when you only see only a floating toolbar after starting the program, just chose "Open Shape File..." from the "File" menu and select your desired SHP file as normal.
- GeoDa for Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8) version 1.4.6
- GeoDa for OS X (10.6.8 or later) version 1.4.6
- GeoDa for Linux (Ubuntu 12.x, Fedora Core 6) version 1.4.6
- 1.4.6 Release Notes
Please do not use special characters in your file name or file path (e.g. í, é, Chinese letters, etc.) to avoid this error: "there was the problem reading in the dbf".
3. If for some reason you know that you need to use the older GeoDa binary for Windows XP, select the "Geoda 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer" link below. The download will begin immediately after you login.
- The setup.exe file will then download to your machine (double-click or "run" to install)
- Note that GeoDa 0.9.5-i currently only runs on Windows XP only. For Vista and 7 (and even XP), download OpenGeoDa (see 2. above).
- List of features
- GeoDa 0.9.5-i Windows XP Installer