R Spatial Projects
This web page is intended to be a guide to some of the resources for the analysis of spatial data using R, and other associated software; organizers of courses using this software are welcome to contact the site maintainer to suggest events, publications, or other information to add. Corrections and contributions are very welcome, and may be made through the mailing list R-sig-Geo, or directly to the site maintainer. The main central resource is the CRAN Spatial Task View; the task view is the first point of contact for all users. There is a comprehensive list of courses at this site, some of which are linked directly below.
Please note that all software and documentation here provided or described is done so "as is" without warranty of any kind.
- A GEOSTAT course will be held 18-24 September 2011; Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrade, Serbia; details on GEOSTAT website.
- The useR! conference 2011 was held August 16-18, 2011 in Coventry, UK; details are available here about submissions and participation in a tutorial on handling spatio-temporal data.
- GEOSTAT 2011 was held 24-31 July 2011; Koblenz-Landau University, Germany; details on GEOSTAT website.
- A new edition of the PhD course "Analysing spatial data" was held in Bergen, Norway, 3-10 May 2011; its web pageis available.
- 21-22 March, 2011: workshop on handling spatio-temporal data in Münster, Germany.