[Openspace] quantile plot

Dan Brown danbrown at umich.edu
Mon Sep 20 19:47:39 CDT 2004

I don't think this addresses the problem, or maybe only partially.
Under some circumstances, and I haven't investigated to know exactly
which, GeoDa puts two times the appropriate number of spatial units in
the second quantile and none in the first quantile (look at the numbers
in the categories in the example Michael provided).  We had the same
problem as I was using GeoDa in a class.  It seems this might merit
investigation as a possible bug.  In the case we were looking at, I'm
sure there wasn't a tie at the low end that had two-times the target
number of spatial units in the quantiles.
db